Katharine's Reviews > Love You Forever

Love You Forever by Robert Munsch

Sep 17, 12

bookshelves: social-emotional

"Love you Forever" is a heartwarming children's book that follows a young boy as he grows into adulthood. Each night, throughout his life, his mother would sneak into his room when he was sleeping, hold him, rock him back and forth, and say, "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be". This continues each night even after he becomes an adult. But when the mother gets too old to continue rocking her boy back and forth, the roles are reversed. The boy, now a grown adult, picks up his mom while she sleeps and rocks her back and forth and says, "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, As long as I'm living, my mommy you'll be." At the end of the story it's known that the mother has passed away, and the son is holding his new baby girl, rocking her back and forth, singing the same song that his mom used to say to him each night. This is a story that shows pure love between a mother and son, and really could teach children to be respectful of others, and their parents.

Learning Experience:
The children could have the chance to come up with their own little four line song, that they can sing to their parents at night.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love You Forever.