Naurin's Reviews > It Had to Be You

It Had to Be You by Cecily von Ziegesar

U_50x66
Jan 13, 09

Read in January, 2009

After reading the book “Gossip Girl – It Had to be you” by Cecily von Ziegesar, I gained much more knowledge about friends, betrayal, lies etc, than before. This book correlates to me and two other people. Just like there were three best friends in the book, I was also in a friendship where there were three people and sometimes I fear of if our friendship will ever come to an end and if so, how will it end. My favorite part in the book was actually the beginning where they introduce all three main characters and they talk about their friendship. I understood that from start they had lies and betrayal in their friendship. There were two girls and one boy and that’s not good in a friendship because both girls liked the same boy yet they hid it from each other. Also the boy liked both girls but didn’t want to choose because both the girls were his best friends. I liked the beginning because it was dramatic and from start you kind of get the idea of who’s bad and who’s good. But overall this book was pretty nice but I think there were some disturbing parts but I would recommend this book to anyone who likes drama.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It Had to Be You.

12/17/2008 page 47
12/17/2008 page 47
11.3% "Nate invites both Blaire and Serena to a party. Serena and blarie both try to pick out the best costumes but don't tell each other about it "
12/20/2008 page 53
12.74% "Blaire tells her mother that she seen her dad with another woman and she is worried. Vanessa shaves her head like Britney Spears did."
12/20/2008 page 58
13.94% "Jenny looks for breast enhancement tenchniques online and is offered to be in a talent show by her art teacher."
12/20/2008 page 62
14.9% "Dan wants to go to the party to talk and he doesn't careif anyone else wants to go with him because his goal is mainly to talk to serena."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lanier (new)

Lanier From experience don’t waste time worrying about when a relationship will end and enjoy the times you all have TODAY. Oh, and do whatever you can, when and if the time comes where you start to drift. Every relationship has tougher and trying times, yet the best ones are those where all parties are working their hardest to grow older together. Expect and accept that you change as well as those you may not “recognize” at times, so take a deep breath and simply enjoy today.