Moonlight Gleam's Reviews > Dead Ringer

Dead Ringer by Allen Wyler

Aug 22, 12

Read on August 22, 2012

The story begins with neurosurgeon Lucas McCrae in Hong Kong, about to perform a medical demonstration. Lucas soon discovers that the head that he is using for the demonstration is that of his best friend, Andy Baer. Lucas doesn’t believe what he sees before his eyes, and when returns to Seattle, it’s confirm that his friend is indeed missing.

Meanwhile, Seattle Police Department’s Sergeant Wendy Elliott is searching for her friend who has also gone missing. Wendy wishes she had a better lead than a partial license plate. With very little to go on, both Lucas and Wendy follow their leads to the same location, Ditto’s Funeral Homes, where they discover that the two cases are related...

My favorite aspect of Dead Ringer was the back stories of both main characters, Lucas and Wendy. I really enjoyed learning more about them as the story progressed; they both had their own issues to deal with in addition to the cases they are trying to solve. Both setting and characters were well developed even with the story being fast-paced. The characters were relatable which I also appreciated.

The premise was a unique take on a medical thriller, and Allen Wyler should be commended for executing it brilliantly. Dead Ringer was an entertaining and fascinating read that will suck readers in and take them for one wild ride!

I definitely recommend Dead Ringer to those who enjoy Suspense and Thrillers with lots of action.

Must Read! Highly Recommended!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Ringer.