Maggie's Reviews > The Rise of Nine

The Rise of Nine by Pittacus Lore

Aug 22, 12

Read in August, 2012

As interesting as the premise is, the execution is just so repetitive and bland. It's just a constant repetition of run away, hide out, wait around, get attacked, fight bad guys, and learn something new at the very end of the book. I can easily pinpoint the very few significant story advances in the story line in just under five bullet points, just under the spoilers list.

And can I say cheesy??? We've got romantic relationships being built and they're all so mundane to them. I get it that this series is more action than romance, but does it have to be so poorly written out? Yes, they may be teenagers, but that doesn't mean there has to be an emotionless reading of romance involved. I'd rather Mr. Pittacus Lore left it out than have it included in.

List of significant advances:
(view spoiler)

Yeah, no, I didn't like this book as much as I thought I would. There was a little character development in book one, and maybe a little in book two, but heck, it's really not happening for me in book three. Do I recommend this book? Only if you've read the other ones in the series, just for you to decide for yourself if the series is worth continuing. No wonder the movie flopped.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rise of Nine.