Christy (TheReaderBee)'s Reviews > Silver

Silver by Talia Vance

2201617
Sep 04, 12

bookshelves: arcs-for-review, e-arcs-to-review, read-in-2012, young-adult-fiction, ya-paranormal
Read from August 22 to September 04, 2012

Brianna Paxton is invisible to guys. They don’t see her, or talk to her, or even give her a second glance. That is life for Brianna. Until one night, when her long-time crush, Blake Williams, discovers what Brianna really is. It’s up to Brianna and Blake to put an end to the life-long feud that threatens to destroy their own lives, and the lives of all they hold dear.

I found Brianna to be quite an interesting main character. She has no idea what is going on with her life, only that it is changing at an incredibly fast pace, and no one seems to know why. Except for Blake, who knows what is going on, but isn’t very helpful at giving her any information in the beginning. We are definitely kept in suspense as we wait to find out exactly what is going on!

The relationship between Brianna and Logan was a bit frustrating at first. I was honestly beginning to worry that I wouldn’t like Blake because of the way he treated Brianna. Always pushing her away, and even using her at one point. Luckily, we do find out his reasoning for this, and the relationship does chance about halfway through the book.

Some of the secondary characters in the book were very, very interesting as well. Austin, who is Blake’s friend, was completely mysterious. The more I read the book, the more he was able to surprise me. Another character that I adored would be Joe; he was such a great character. I have mixed feelings about Brianna’s friends, Haley and Christy. They didn’t really seem much like friends to me. (That’s just my opinion though!)

The storyline for the book was very interesting. I have enjoyed quite a few books lately that have dealt with Greek Mythology, and I just can’t seem to get enough of them. This book is definitely no exception. The pacing was very well done, and the book held my attention for a lot longer than I expected it to.

Overall, I really enjoyed this novel so much more than I expected to. The fascinating characters mixed in with the Greek Mythology really makes for an excellent read. Be sure to check this out!

Happy Reading!

See this review on TheReaderBee.com!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silver.

08/30/2012 page 158