Juls's Reviews > Taking Charge

Taking Charge by Mandy Baggot

Aug 24, 12

bookshelves: blog-uanr, hea, sports-romance
Read from August 22 to 23, 2012

Robyn has come back home. A place that is no longer her haven. But her father isn't doing well and neither are his businesses. She wants to fix it all and gets to work from the get go. She doesnt waste any time. She gets the bar and the hockey team a fixer upper. Her determination gets the job done and two out of the three is good to go. Now she just needs to make sure her father takes better care of himself.

While on her way back home Robyn meets a man who becomes more to her than a friendly face. From the moment they met, their underlining attraction is undeniable. They may move fast, not sexually but the week they've known each other has blossomed into a love they both did not bargain for.

Robyn was a great female lead. She was very witty with just enough sarcasm to make me chuckle every time she and Cole bantered. I love the relationship that is blooming between the two. It doesnt feel forced but feels right.

Cole is fighting an uphill battle. Not only did he find his ex with his brother but she is pregnant with his brother Bryn's child. Can Cole get over it?

Cole knows theres something about Robyn. She brings out something in him that no one else has ever done. He is willing to take a risk to be with her and soon falls hard and fast for a woman who has a hidden past. A past that may not have really been resolved even with the man accused serving his time.

I was so happy to see Robyn and Cole come together irregardless of their pasts. They looked past it and used love to heal their pain.

Great read and highly recommend
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taking Charge.

44.0% "a proposal?????"
45.0% "like a virgin in a room full of dildos
LOL!!!!!"
08/23/2012
68.0% "please dont tell me its brad :("
08/23/2012
84.0% "we were together once yep, its Brad :("