Victoria Richards's Reviews > Bayou Myth

Bayou Myth by Mary Ann Loesch

12091303
Aug 22, 12

Read in August, 2012 — I own a copy

A surprisingly good book that I couldn't put down. I found myself reading it till the wee hours of the morning. With each passing chapter I couldn't wait to find out what happens next.

In the deep south of the Bayou area near New Orleans, the story of a young girl, Jane who has inherited her Grandmother's voodoo powers. Mentored by the ghost her grandmother in voodoo, they battle the forces of evil to save themselves and those around them. With the horrible murder of an innocent boy, the story takes on dark tones as still young Jane struggles to figure out what two evil spirits are up to.

Every chapter really kept me guessing. The author even managed to weave the Greek Gods in the story of voodoo, that on the surface sounds inconceivable, but she does it in a way to make it very believable.

All Joan wants is to simply be your average teenager. However she must come to grips with the truth... that she is destined to be far from normal. Her destiny is to become a voodoo priestess like her Grandmother was. She must embrace her voodoo heritage to save herself, her two friends, and even the entire world from 2 dark spirits from the other side as they try to break through to the living.

Full of voodoo, mystery, murder and evil spirits. This deeply entertaining and fun read will have you wishing the story wasn't done. Very enjoyable and highly recommended.

Bayou Myth- http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bayou Myth.