Belindachaplin's Reviews > The Wedding Dress

The Wedding Dress by Rachel Hauck

U 50x66
Aug 22, 2012

Read in August, 2012

"The Wedding Dress" by Rachel Hauck is about a 100 year old dress which has been worn by 4 different women on their wedding day. Going back to 1912 when suffrage and race relations were coming to the forefront all the way to a modern day bride dealing with issues of her own abandonment by her father, the author skilfully weaves all 4 stories together.

I did enjoy the book, but even with name headings for each chapter there were a lot of characters to keep a track of between all the stories, and as a result many of them were lacking any real depth. And me with my scattered memory found it hard to keep track!

Although the story did draw me in, it wasn't a case of not being able to put the book down kind of interest, but more a case of enjoying it while reading until the next time. There were also a couple of times that the story-line seemed a bit far-fetched, and at times the characters acted kind of strangely in order to keep the suspense of the story going. So, you did need to suspend your disbelief along the way, but mostly for the sake of the story.

Criticisms aside, it is a good read and I loved the look across the century at the different lives of the women involved. Also I enjoyed the way the author brings in the fact that we are the Bride waiting for the ultimate Groom, Jesus, at the end of the story. If you are looking for a fun, fulfilling and full-of-love-story-romance kind of read, then this is the book for you!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wedding Dress.