Sarah (blissbubbley)'s Reviews > Lady of the Veils

Lady of the Veils by M.L. John

Aug 22, 2012

bookshelves: reviewed-for-larissa-s
Read in September, 2012

I really wasn’t sure I would like this book as the synopsis although it sounded intriguing but I wondered if it might follow the same route as others in the genre and become a bit predictable. As usual I was wrong! Karen is a typical teenager and of course her emotions are high with school, life and then there is also the love interest of Beri. He dies at the local YMCA where Karen works she starts learning more about the Fae world. Then if all this wasn’t enough, her brother goes missing! From then on your entangled in the twisty story lines taking you through adventures and creatures.

I really liked the way this book moved from between the modern day and fantasy. From the very first page I couldn’t stop reading it as the intrigue grew as to what was going to happen. I really didn’t expect to get so hooked on it and I will definitely see what else this author does as based on this book it will more page turner style writing.

This book is a good mix of Fantasy, Adventure, Romance and YA and it all blends well together to create a really intriguing story that you won’t be able to put down. I really need to stop judging books before I've read them but I do enjoy being proved wrong ;-)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lady of the Veils.