Christi Snow's Reviews > Biting Cold

Aug 22, 12

Read in August, 2012

My Review:
A-
*big happy sigh* For once, I am happy where almost everything sits in the Chicagoland Vampires world. No, everything isn't perfect and no, it's not all resolved and there are definitely thunderclouds on the horizon. But for this moment in time (at least until House Rules comes out in Feb 2013) all is right in Merit and Ethan's imaginary world and it makes me happy. They deserve a happy few months here (at least in the little corner of my mind....because the next book will probably start the day after this one ended.)

So on to my review of this book. See paragraph above....I needed this breather and a happy place for Merit and Ethan. No, it absolutely wasn't easy for them to get there and Ethan had some more of his usual waffling issues where I just wanted to kick him. BUT Merit was amazing. She was so mature and handled everything so perfectly. I LOVE her character in this book.

So, why the lower rating on this book? There were a couple things in the suspense story line that bugged me...hello, 20 foot garden gnome? That just seemed a little over the top even for the paranormal world and stepped a bit into the ridiculous. But the story with Seth Tate worked for me. The story with Ethan worked for me. Even the story with Mallory worked for me.

There's obviously trouble on the horizon with the House and the GP and now Merit is a member of the Red Guard. How Ethan will take that bit of news later down the road is a complete unknown. We know the way that he SHOULD take the news, but there's nothing interesting about the books if there isn't drama. But the one thing I've learned is that you never know where Chloe Neill is going with this series. Jonah is still out there and YES, I still totally love him. I can't imagine Merit throwing over Ethan for him, but I am guessing that there is something along those lines coming. There are at least 4 more books coming in this series. That's a lot of drama needed and I know it probably means a lot of tears for her readers.

I don't write these reviews like normal reviews because I don't want to give spoilers and if you haven't read book #1, then anything I say about book #6 is a spoiler. ;o) Just know this....this is an AMAZING series!! I highly recommend you add it to your reading list. You won't regret it...well, you might regret it for a little bit after book #4, but keep reading. It gets better. Book #6 is your emotional oasis. I plan to enjoy it until book #7 comes out and shreds me all over again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Biting Cold.