Nyx's Reviews > Legacies

F 50x66
Aug 27, 2012

it was ok
Read from August 22 to 27, 2012

GOD! I don't even know where to begin with this book!

The part where.... oh, I don't know, absolutely nothing freaking happened??! Oh wait! Maybe the part where I wanted to
?

I mean, sure, I wasn't expecting much of this book when I randomly picked it up on a book sale, but I didn't expect this much damage! I mean, half the book was the girl bitching about life being unfair and what not, and the other half was spent on her being a bipolar weirdo talking about 'the school's trying to tear up friendships' and the next minute she's all like 'I don't want to talk to you right now' to the people around her.

description

I get that she's all sad and angsty about her parent's death, but c'mon! God, you makin me go all

description

GET YO SHIT, AND PULL IT TOGETHER!

The only page when something remotely interesting happened lasted for 2 freakin' pages, and nothing really amounted from it. I finished it just so I could possibly try to know at least something about Spirit's Legacy, but
description
instead, the ending left me not craving for more but actually wanting to run to my covers and hide from it.

The author's writing started out fairly nice, but then it got so... dull and boring and draggy, the only thing that stopped me from burying this book and praying to god no one finds it was curiosity as to what her powers really were.

Most of the time, when Spirit was doing.. oh, wait, absolutely

I was going

description

I just wanted to finish it finally and cut all ties with the book, in the end. It wasn't a waste of my time, per se, but it is something I don't think I'm gonna pick up again unless the second book was also available for S2.00.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Legacies.