David's Reviews > Man vs. Wild: Survival Techniques from the Most Dangerous Places on Earth

Man vs. Wild by Bear Grylls

M_50x66
Dec 10, 08

Never heard of this guy before [we don't have cable TV] but apparently he has a show on Discovery channel regarding wilderness adventures. As someone whose idea of danger is reading WHILE walking to the subway station, I can't say that I'll be using his tips for staying oriented when lost in the desert, killing and eating non-poisonous snakes, etc. X 10,000 soon, but it was a fairly entertaining read.

Not a great writer, but clearly conveys his own tremendous enthusiasm for what he's doing. Reading students' comments on ratemyprofessors.com about myself and my colleagues, and reflecting on my own experiences reading/listening to others, I've become increasingly convinced that this is at least half the battle. If you sincerely believe it's important and exciting, then even if reader/listener doesn't start out with the same degree of intrinsic interest in the topic you can get them motivated to learn more about it.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Man vs. Wild.