Meghan Douglas-Dowling's Reviews > The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset

The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset by Suzanne Collins

Aug 22, 12

bookshelves: ya, science-fiction
Read in January, 2011

Fellow teachers had been raving about The Hunger Games stories for about a year by the time I got around to reading them, not knowing that a film was in the pipeline and the whole trilogy was about to become massive.

Almost from the first chapter, I was completely captivated by the world Collins created. It felt like being a teenager again, completely swept along by this fiction, excited to be 'in the know' before the first film was released, and living and reliving the adventures of this dystopia alongside Katniss and her cohort. I became a Hunger Games evangelist for several months, and then there was no need, since seemingly the whole world was in the know.

The novels are so much richer and more layered than the film, in as much as a YA thriller can be considered rich and layered. They pose real questions about inequality and corruption, in a manner that is riveting and real, despite the Sci Fi elements.

If you've only been introduced to this world through the film, do yourself a favour and get reading!

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset.