Cindy C Bennett's Reviews > Not So Easy

Not So Easy by Sherry Gammon

Aug 22, 12

Read in August, 2012

Souls in Peril is seriously one of the best books I've ever read. It had me in turn laughing and crying, my heart aching for all the characters involved.

Max is a kid who has it all: he's popular, athletic, has a great family and the perfect girlfriend. Then, in an instant his life changes.

JD is the opposite of Max in luck. Overweight and bullied, both at school and at home, JD's only bright spot in life is his friend Izzy.

Max and JD's lives become inexorably intertwined, and for the first time in his life Max is forced to understand what it is to "walk a mile" in JD's shoes.

This book gripped me from the first page and refused to let go until I'd read all the way to the end. The ending isn't all flowers and sunshine, either. It's real. Like life. But I promise you won't be disappointed.

Gammon's writing is full of humor, sorrow, realism, and pulls you into places you might not want to go, but will be happy you did when all is said and done. I HIGHLY recommend this book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Not So Easy.

Sherry Gammon Thanks Cindy! Appreciate you taking the time to read and write a review for Souls in Peril!!