Alexandra's Reviews > Defy the Stars

Defy the Stars by Stephanie Parent

Nov 24, 12

Read from November 11 to 24, 2012

Okay..um..before I can even start to write what I feel about this book I would like to thank Stephanie Parent for allowing me to read such a beautiful story and I would like to thank her for writing it. I literally just finished reading it and...I can't breathe.

So now how I feel about this story... just a warning that there will be spoilers.

Hm...I really can't breathe. This story was just so BEAUTIFUL I honestly don't know another way to describe it. I fell in love with Reed and Julia's love story.

You know the minute I saw the line that said Reed was dead...I swear I paused for a while. My heart dropped. I was so upset and I was so upset for Julia. Then...when I finished the story I wanted to curl up into a little ball on my bed and just cry. I'm sorry some people might say I'm being to dramatic about this but guess what I am not. This story is so REAL and some people don't understand that. I can't count how many times I have wanted to find a book where the author is just honest in their writing. I'm being serious too. I enjoy love stories that have reality to them. Unfortunately, for myself I have analyzed the idea of love to much and any love story I can't handle...but this one I can because of its pure beauty.

Note to Stephanie Parent- Thank you so much. I know I already said thank you but I mean it. There is this book called Sweethearts by Sara Zarr that gave me what I was looking for and I have to say your book has given it to me too. I hope you write more books because I am so touched by your writing. Thank you so much again.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Defy the Stars.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Parent Wow, I'm so glad the book was so meaningful to you! It definitely makes writing worth it! And I LOVE Sara Zarr's books, especially Sweethearts, so it's a huge honor to be compared to her!