Sc's Reviews > Shades of Earth

Shades of Earth by Beth Revis

F_50x66
Aug 21, 12

bookshelves: to-read

Guys. CALM THE HELL DOWN. This is just an alternate cover, probably for a different country. If you Google image "Shades Of Earth Beth Revis" some alternate covers that look similar to this one will pop up as well, except they're for ATU and AMS. I'm not sure WHY Goodreads decided to choose this cover as their icon, but the hardcover new version WILL be the one with the pretty stars. Do you think the marketers are idiots? They know it'd be suicide to just switch up the cover theme this late in the game.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shades of Earth.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Miguel (last edited Sep 02, 2012 03:45AM) (new) - added it

Miguel :Bookpanda: It is not an alternate cover. It is not a cover for another country. IT IS THE OFFICIAL ONE. When i searched the word "Shades Of Earth Beth Revis" the only thing that showed up is this frexing cover on Goodreads and this fan-made one. Beth Revis has confirmed that the one on Goodreads is the official one and there will be no chance to change it except if 1 Million People declared a war for Razorbill.

They will also publish a new paperback with the new cover in SoE style for AtU and AMS.

Lulufrances So annoying :( I also read it on her blog!

message 3: by Sc (new) - added it

Sc That really sucks. I was so sure it was a different cover. And they changed the REST of the series too, and I don't know why, but you know what this means? It means that my collection is going to look WEIRD. The first book will be the original paperback cover and the other 2 will be the ugly new covers. And this is going to bother my eyes so much. They did the same thing to the Shatter Me and Legend trilogies too, which also pisses me off.