Janus Vielle (The Blair Book Project)'s Reviews > Interim Goddess of Love

Interim Goddess of Love by Mina V. Esguerra

Sep 08, 12

bookshelves: owned-paperback, filipino-reads
Read from August 29 to 30, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Enter the Interim Goddess of Love. Meet Hannah, a typical college sophomore and scholar at Ford River College… or so she though, until she chances upon meeting Quin, one of the hottest guys on campus. Surprised and somewhat flattered by the attention this hunk has been giving her, Hannah finds herself hanging out with Quin on a daily basis, until finally Quin reveals the real reason behind it all. Quin is the Sun God, and this god wants Hannah to work as the Goddess of Love. Although a little doubtful and intimidated by the task at hand, Hannah does her best to learn the ropes, and soon finds herself on her very first assignment, that’s when things start to get all crazy…

Let me put it right out, that this is my favourite among Mina Esguerra’s books! Yup, I’ve read them all. Interim Goddess of Love is not the typical contemporary love stories that the other books Ms. Esguerra has written. There’s the mix of mythology (which I am absolutely in love with), and a setting on the YA world (my preferred book genre). So yes, those alone already made me love this book, but the storyline itself made it even better.

Hannah is like every heroine from Mina Esguerra’s books; she’s strong, independent and definitely has character; nothing like a good sense of woman empowerment to make me eager to read on. I found it very fitting that Hannah took on the job of being the goddess of love, while taking up a degree in psychology.

Now let’s talk boys. Honestly, even though she’s the one doing the whole “love connection” thing, I expected Hannah to have formed a love interest here, but right now I guess it’s too soon to tell. There are potential guys to pair up with her of course, there’s Quin, Robbie and then there’s Diego. Hello, Diego! *wiggling eyebrows* Is it obvious who I’m rooting for? And even if they don’t end up together, he’s still my bet. Even better, I can have him for myself. Ha ha ha!

Interim Goddess of Love is a little slow on development of events, but I can understand the flow since the oh-so-wise sun god, Quin, wants Hannah to learn things slowly but surely. I like how things where set in place. Each part of the story is like a piece of a puzzle that once you’ve completed, you get to see a beautiful picture in the end.

However, this isn’t the end, is it? Hannah’s journey has only begun and I am all the more excited to read about her adventures… even misadventures. Plus I still have a lot of unanswered questions, and since I know this is a series, I need them ASAP. Yeah, Quin, I’m as impatient as Hannah, so sue me!

For more of my reviews, please visit my blog:
The Blair Book Project @ www.theblairbookproject.blogspot.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Interim Goddess of Love.

Quotes Janus Vielle Liked

Mina V. Esguerra
“Some girls can't stand to be around the guy they like. They get really nervous, and rather than make fools of themselves, they just stay away. I was the opposite; the more I liked a guy, the more I wanted to be around him. I was the type who'd join the same org, or pick the same elective. Sure I was probably looking like a fool five times a day over a bunch of things, but I liked being close to someone I admired.”
Mina V. Esguerra, Interim Goddess of Love

08/29/2012
08/30/2012 page 41
37.61% "Okay.. Liking it... I wonder if Hannah would find love too... :)"
08/30/2012 page 76
69.72% ""In high school I flew under the radar, wasn't one of the pop kids. Now I had minions!"

Oh my gosh! I totally cracked up over that. This is fun! :)"

dateDown_arrow    newest »