Su Abeille's Reviews > The Walking Dead, Vol. 04: The Heart's Desire

The Walking Dead, Vol. 04 by Robert Kirkman

Aug 21, 12

bookshelves: 2012

Before I address anything else about this series, I have say, Robert Kirkman? You have some issues when it comes to women. Thusly, you can't write women accurately. At all. The female characters in this series are either bitches, sluts or nagging harpies (or some combo of the three) who just wanna wash clothes, sew, have babies, fuck men, and maybe, in a completely out of character move, kiss another woman. Also, the children in this book are like Disney show characters, ridiculously blinking up through all the carnage with Kewpie doll eyes. So cliche and so unrealistic. Also, the dialogue is terrible. Cliches, out of character moments, stereotypes, non-sequiturs, every writing rule is broken, and not in a good way.

This all being said, this is an amazing GN series. The base story is fantastic. The realistic reactions of people under unbelievable amounts of stress make the tension palatable. Happily, the TV series adaption has fixed a lot of my aforementioned issues with character and dialogue to take this story to the level is deserves to be at.
14 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Walking Dead, Vol. 04.

R.T. You nailed it with the women and children. I'm giving Kirkman the benefit of the doubt here to say that I hope these characters will evolve to be semi-realistic human people in the Z world, but one can only hope. The base story is definitely great. Execution could be much better. But hey, if this is what we've got, I'll take it.

Savaş Manyaslı So true.