Lori Anderson's Reviews > Me & Emma

Me & Emma by Elizabeth Flock
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
382208
's review
Dec 10, 08

bookshelves: favorites
Read in December, 2008

This book held me riveted. The narrator is an eight-year-old girl who suffers from the abuse of a drunken stepfather and indifference from a neglectful mother. I THOUGHT I knew how the book was going to end, but woooooah Nelly, didn't see THAT one coming! I'll bet the same will happen when you read it.

Excellent.

Lori Anderson

Lori Anderson:The Store
Lori Anderson:The Blog
Twitter
likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Me & Emma.
sign in »

Reading Progress

12/09/2008 page 150
50.68%

Comments (showing 1-6)




dateUp_arrow    newest »

Stacey Hi Lori,

I couldn't wait for your response when I saw you were reading this book. I had absolutely no idea either. I cried my head off throughout the book. It was a real emotional experience, but it is my favorite book of all time. Glad you gave it 5 stars.

Stacey


Lori Anderson Stacey wrote: "Hi Lori,

I couldn't wait for your response when I saw you were reading this book. I had absolutely no idea either. I cried my head off throughout the book. It was a real emotional experience,..."



If you haven't read "The Glass Castle", you should read it -- similar genre, but a true story!



Stacey Oh, I did read the Glass Castle and absolutely loved it!!!

What about Running with Scissors? That was awesome too.


Lori Anderson Stacey wrote: "Oh, I did read the Glass Castle and absolutely loved it!!!

What about Running with Scissors? That was awesome too."


Oh yes, I love Augusten Burroughs. I actually had a brief email conversation with him once!


Stacey Oh, that's awesome. He's so crazy!!! He makes me laugh. He grew up in North Hampton where my husband grew up. My Mother-in-Law wrote a book and it is excellent as well. It's called the Liar's Diary by Patry Francis. Have you read that one?

Stacey




Lori Anderson Stacey wrote: "Oh, that's awesome. He's so crazy!!! He makes me laugh. He grew up in North Hampton where my husband grew up. My Mother-in-Law wrote a book and it is excellent as well. It's called the Liar's D..."


No I haven't, I have to look for it!



back to top