Cheryl's Reviews > Unsaid

Unsaid by Neil Abramson

F_50x66
Aug 21, 12

Loved this book. If you are a fan of The Art of Racing in the Rain, this is a book for you. It made me laugh and cry...and sob. I fell in love with almost all of the characters and was quickly drawn into the story follows David, an attorney who is trying to deal with his devastation over the loss of his wife, Helena, to breast cancer and to navigate a new and unfamiliar world without her. Add to this weight, the menagerie of animals Helena has brought into their lives through her work as a veterinarian and that David must now care for alone. Before her death, Helena had been working to rescue a chimpanzee named Cindy- trained in sign language and now scheduled to be turned over for research experiment. David becomes involved in the rescue efforts which ultimately lead to courtroom showdown. The story is told in Helena's voice as her spirit lingers, watching over those she loves and witnessing the efforts to save Cindy.

I have reread a title only once in all my years of reading. Unsaid is one I plan to reread!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unsaid.