Jacqueline O.'s Reviews > A Bloody Storm

A Bloody Storm by Richard Castle

Aug 21, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: fiction, mystery, spy-thriller, tv-tie-in, e-book-sony, e-book, novella-short-fiction
Read from August 21 to 24, 2012

A Bloody Storm picks-up where the previous book left off. This book, however, is basically about a treasure hunt. Also, I didn't like the new characters at all. I would have enjoyed this more if it was about April and Derrick, but instead it's about a bunch of people running around in Uzbeckistan (sp?) searching for some missing Russian gold (this gold was mentioned in the other two volumes).
There is a great "so this is what it was all about" scene between Storm and the spymaster Jones, but other than that this felt like a really flat story.
And now a word about format. I saw absolutely NO REASON whatsoever for this story to be split into three separate e-books. It couldn't have been length, I have plenty of e-books that are much longer than the combined length of all three books. I liked the cliff-hangers, but I downloaded all three at once, so I read them at once, I had no anticipation for the next volume.
Overall, though an interesting tie-in to the TV series Castle I was a bit disappointed.
See also my reviews for: A Brewing Storm and A Raging Storm.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Bloody Storm.

05/19/2016 marked as: read