Melissa's Reviews > Crash

Crash by Nicole  Williams

UPDATE: I just wanted to add a little something to the beginning of this review... I would like to dedicate this review to my very dear friend "Jennifer Kyle"...Babe, this review was the one touched you enough to share, and the review that forged our closeness. You're the best, love ya!

It was love at first Jude...

"The name's Jude Ryder, since I know you're all but salivating like a rabid dog to know, and I don't do girlfriends, relationships, flowers, or regular phone calls. If that works for you, I think we could work out something special."

Yup that line all but did me in. Didn't work on Lucy Larson though. Even after meeting him on the beach, flirting with him, and then playing hard to get, he walks away but before leaving to tell her,

"So Lucy," he hollered, tucking the ball under his arm, "how much further are you going to let me get before you give me your phone number?"

Cocky or confident? Call it what you will, but it definitely worked for me...Still not for Lucy though. It's okay she eventually comes to her senses.

Jude and Lucy have the ever present "I want what I can't/shouldn't/deserve" relationship. Lucy has just moved from her former life of seemingly having it all after a tragic accident tore apart her family and eventually sent her father's business in a spiral downwards. She meets Jude, the bad guy, the guy from the "wrong side of the tracks" or whatever and falls for him. And to that I say good on you Lucy! Why shouldn't the supposed bad boy have some goodness in his life? We all know it's deserved!

They have monuments of epic proportions to bound through. Lucy's first year at a new school and it's her last year before graduation. Everyone labeling her before getting to know her. Jude's myriad of issues complicating things at every turn. Lucy's insecurities and doubts. The popular guy in school Sawyer who also has his eyes set on her. Jude's anger management problems. Lucy wanting to get into Juliard. You get the picture right? Right. A perfect example:

This man was the pope, president, and god of dodging the topic. Too bad for him, he was dealing with the queen, holy mother, and empress of seeing through a man's steam of shit.

So much happened to these two separately as well as together. When you have someone telling you, after so much bad...

"It's hard not to recognize something special when life's thrown a lotta shit your way."

You can't help but fall in love. Their journey was a rocky one. I was a blubbering mess of tears for about the last 15% of the book. Some were sad tears, some were angry tears, some were shocked tears, but ultimately it ended with happy tears. I absolutely one hundred and ten percent loved this book.

No matter what bad things happened: the women, jail stints, anger issues..Jude summed it up perfectly to Lucy,

"You've got all my firsts. All the ones that matter."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crash.

Quotes Melissa Liked

Nicole  Williams
“The thing was, if staying away from him made me unsmart, I never wanted to be smart again.”

Nicole  Williams
“The name’s Jude Ryder, since I know you’re all but salivating like a rabid dog to know, and I don’t do girlfriends, relationships, flowers or regular phone calls. If that works for you, I think we could work out something special.”

Nicole  Williams
“It’s not hard to recognise something special when life’s thrown a lotta shit your way”

Nicole  Williams
“Honey, a girl can’t keep a man like that as a friend. He’s a lover or an ex-lover, but never a friend. Men like that weren’t created to be a woman’s friend – they were created to make a woman hit high C three times in row.”

Nicole  Williams
“I’m his girlfriend?” It was meant to be a question to myself, but Taylor couldn’t let it go unanswered.
“You’re the first,” she said, looking at me like I was a puzzle. “You lucky bitch.”

Nicole  Williams
“I’ll be here, each day and every day on, as long as you want me to be”

Nicole  Williams
“This man was the pope, president, and god of dodging the topic. Too bad for him he was dealing with the queen, holy mother, and empress of seeing through a man’s stream of shit.”

Nicole  Williams
“You’ve got all my firsts,” he said. “All the ones that matter.”

Nicole  Williams
“If I ever mess things up again, whether it’s a misunderstanding, or shit luck, or I just do what I was created to do and screw everything up,” he paused, exhaling, “I want you to promise me you’ll leave. Drop me like a bad habit and don’t look back because god knows, it can’t be me that walks away since I’m incapable of it.”

Nicole  Williams
“You can’t be friends with the person you were meant to spent your life with”

Nicole  Williams
“It always amazes me how when we’re sure we’ve lost something for good, it winds up finding us.”

Nicole  Williams
“How does a guy like you promise someone forever at eighteen?”

“Easy,” he said, pressing a soft kiss into the corner of my mouth. “He finds a girl like you.”

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Stephanie YAY you are done! :)

Melissa Yes I am!! Girl it was so good!! Sending now :)

Jennifer Kyle Wow Melissa you are talented!

Trish Awesome review!!!

Jennifer Kyle I love this review almost as much as the book!!!!

Melissa Aww Jennifer!! You are so sweet, and that definitely put a HUGE smile on my face! Thanks sooo much! :)

Thanks Trish! So sweet :)

Angie's Dreamy Reads Love this review!!! I'm excited to start this!

Melissa You will totally love it!

Jennifer Kyle Melissa--Wow thank you so much for the dedication!!! I'm so touched and still so in love with this reviewxoxoxo

Melissa Jennifer wrote: "Melissa--Wow thank you so much for the dedication!!! I'm so touched and still so in love with this reviewxoxoxo"

You're so welcome!! I felt inspired, and i'm glad you love it so much still! <3