Sandra's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

bookshelves: favorites, 2013-reads
Read from December 27, 2012 to January 06, 2013

Please excuse me while I cry myself to sleep :'(
--------------------------------------
Okay so even after that ending this is still my favorite of the series by far. Before it had been The Prisoner of Askaban, but I loved this one so much!

I only have a few dislikes (apart from the ending obviously), and they are mainly how some characters irritated me.
1. Could Hermione & Ron not shown a bit more trust & support in his suspicions about Draco & Snape & about the room of requirement?
2. Ron & Lavender were not a cute couple! I'm glad "Won-Won" came to his senses.
3. Well reading from Harry's perspective I can't help but still loath Snape & Draco.

I liked no I loved everything else about this book! A few that stood out to me:
1. Harry & Ginny, their romance is done so much better in the book than in the movies. I love them so adorable!
2. Of course Ron & Hermione! Even though they are still kind of denying their feelings in this book you could still see the truth. Best couple ever<3
3. Dumbledore. There was so much Dumbledore in this book! I love his witty, yet wise attitude & how he just happens to know the answers to his questions before they are even answered. He is just such a great man.
4. I loved the scene where Harry takes Felix Felicis to get the memory from Slughorn, so hilarious!
"You've got a good feeling about burying a giant spider?" asked Ron, looking stunned.
"Yeah," said Harry, pulling his Invisibility Cloak out of his bag. "I feel like it's the place to be tonight, you know what I mean?" "No," said Ron and Hermione together, both looking positively alarmed now.

5. Even though it was creepy, it was so interesting to learn about Voldemort's childhood and his time at Hogwarts.
6. Hogwarts, the magic, everything else! J.K. Rowling really does write in a way to make you feel like you're at Hogwarts with Harry!

I'm going to give my heart a break, from the crying & heartbreak and wait a little bit before I read Deathly Hallows. (haha tell me why that last sentence reminded me of Demi Lovato)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

Quotes Sandra Liked

J.K. Rowling
“It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more.”

J.K. Rowling
“Dumbledore says people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right.”

J.K. Rowling
“It's going to be all right, sir," Harry said over and over again, more worried by Dumbledore's silence than he had been by his weakened voice. "We're nearly there ... I can Apparate us both back ... don't worry ..."
"I am not worried, Harry," said Dumbledore, his voice a little stronger despite the freezing water. "I am with you.”

J.K. Rowling
“He accused me of being Dumbledore's man through and through."
"How very rude of him."
"I told him I was."
Dumbledore opened his mouth to speak and then closed it again. Fawkes the phoenix let out a low, soft, musical cry. To Harry's intense embarrassment, he suddenly realized that Dumbledore's bright blue eyes looked rather watery, and stared hastily at his own knee. When Dumbledore spoke, however, his voice was quite steady.
"I am very touched, Harry.”

01/02/2013
01/03/2013
25.0% "I love that they get to Hogwarts quicker in this book than in the Order of the Phoenix."
01/04/2013
41.0% "Tom Riddle as a child already seemed creepy AF! Demon child!!!"
01/05/2013
55.0% "Loving this! I think this might be my favorite book in the series, but I can't say yet until I've read Deathly Hallows :)"
01/06/2013
79.0% "Omg guys! Harry & Ginny!!!<3 about time Harry finally mans up ;)"
01/06/2013
84.0% ""It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more.""

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel I literally sobbed when I finished this book, I totally know how you're feeling! <3

Sandra Ahhh I was trying not to cry but I couldn't help it! I don't even know how I got through the last few chapters because I could barely see a thing. Oh Dumbledore :(

Victoria :( :( ! Saddest part! My friend told me what happened before I even started it and I still cried!

Sandra I know! :( My friends told me everything that happened & I saw the movie but it still doesn't really prepare you :'(

Soesja Schelling Ah the Deathly Hallows is my fav Harry Potter book so I'm very curious on how you like that one!! Great review, I felt exactly the same way :)

Sandra I'm pretty sure I'll love it. But I watched the movie and so many people die, I don't know how much my heart can take! J.K. Rowling is a heart breaker, lol.

Blueberrypie Prisoner of azkaban and half blood prince are my favourites too

message 8: by Addison (new)

Addison Love your review :)