Salmin's Reviews > The Twilight Saga

The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer

Jan 05, 13

Read in June, 2007

** spoiler alert ** So this is me, through out the whole series:
description
So to all the Twilight fan-girls/guys, I see where you are coming from. Stephenie Meyer captivates a reader... Somehow. Is it black magic? Because I really do not get it. I was one of the people that was upset after finishing the series, but before you can judge me, it was also the first book I ever read and completed. I was in the seventh grade, and barely knew anything about literature. The thought of a eighteen year old girl being loved by an immortal vampire, who has an awesome family, captivated me. Stephenie Meyer made the Cullen family a family I would like to be a part of.

But then I grew up, and I started to read much much MUCH better books! So if you are a fan who can't handle reading bad things about this book, you might want to stop reading here.

The characters are not well developed what-so-ever. Everyone around Bella has a flaw, except for her. She is a complete Mary Sue who brings to the boys to droll. A good novel, especially a series, has a character that grows through out the book/series. They start off with a flaw, or end up with a flaw, to fix. The main characters, even the characters around them, develop in some way for better or for worse. A novel is essentially based on the characters development. However, in the Twilight Series... Well, there wasn't any kind of character development. The only change that actually happens through out the novel is that Edward and Bella realize they can't live without each other, Bella gets attacked, Bella and Edward have a baby, Bella becomes a vampire, and Jacob imprints on a second-yet-better Bella.

Whatever happens in the series, are just series of events that occur that lead up to a climax that proves to be very predictable. From the first sentence of the whole series, a reader will find out exactly what is going to happen. And if you ask me, that is not very exciting unless it leads to something greater.

Another point to be made is the quality of the writing -- it didn't impress me. It was too plain, Bella didn't have any kind of emotions. She was just an object moving through the story. And she doesn't seem much like a role model to me, like most heroines should be in a book. Getting on the back of a strange mans motor cycle can give ten year old girls a bad idea or impression.

I really don't have much to say about this book except for the fact that it was bad. Horrible, even. It is okay if you are just starting out reading novels but, there are better choices where vampires don't sparkle.

Why do they sparkle anyways? Are humans automatically suppose to be attracted to shinny objects that move?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Twilight Saga.