Deja's Reviews > Wicked Business

Wicked Business by Janet Evanovich

12077089
Aug 21, 2012

Read in September, 2012

While I enjoyed the book, I have to admit that the second book in the Lizzy/Diesel series was not as good as the first. There is just something about a woman babbling nonsense that is hard to beat. That being said I still found myself laughing out loud and wondering how the author thinks up some of these crazy situations that Lizzy is put in throughout the book. As a part-time baker myself, I love the fact that Lizzy's job is working in a bakery. The group of characters in this series are not only quirky but have loveable qualities, even those whom are portrayed as the bad guy. One thing I like about the Lizzy series and the Stephanie Plum series is that they are fun, quick reads. You don't have to constantly re-read pages to remember where the plot left off and each character is well defined and easy to remember. If you're looking for an easy, fun to read book, this is the book. In fact any of her books are that way and that's part of why I enjoy Janet Evanovich so much. With three kids under the age of 8 years old, books like The Count of Monte Cristo or Pride and Prejudice just aren't on the reading list, at least for now. These books are so different from my normal life that they allow me a fun little break from reality. Another great job Janet, and I can't wait to read #19 in the Stephanie Plum series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked Business.