Amanda's Reviews > The Perks of Being a Wallflower

The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

I wish I read this book back when I was in high school (I would have been a junior or senior). Even reading it now, there were times I felt very nostalgic for those high school years. There were times I was reading this and it made me feel so connected with the characters and the story that I cried. (I was eating lunch at the mall while reading it and got to a point where I had to put the book down and get up and leave because I was just feeling it too much!)

Charlie, who tells the story of his Freshman year through letters to "Dear Friend" (who this is, no one knows. I think it's made to make you feel like YOU'RE the one receiving the letters), is a very different type of person. There were times it got very dark, where he was depressed, to where he was very happy and things were light. But there were more of the darker days than lighter ones, I think.

There are many things that I could say about this book... but I think anyone reading this review should just pick up the book and read it themselves.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Perks of Being a Wallflower.

08/21/2012 page 15