Andreina's Reviews > Infamous

Infamous by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Aug 21, 12

This is Kenyon's third installment of the series Chronicles of Nick and just like her latest book, I did not enjoy this one at all. It lacked good action and her characters are not interesting anymore.

Nick: Nick (older, DH version) is more interesting than this kid who keeps on getting grounded by his mom. This Nick is just a high-school kid going through puberty and learning about the DH world. Some people may like this Nick series, but I don't because I just don't find the kid version of him interesting. Caleb, Kody, etc.. they're just not interesting. Besides, we all know Nick is going to die at some point and become a DH. If anything, Kenyon should have made a 1000-page on Nick like she did with Acheron and what she's going to do with Styxx (I'm pretty sure he's going to get a big book). Nick's series just adds more confusion to everything that's going on right now.

Acheron: because this is a young-adult book, I don't find this guy interesting either. We all know who he is and I just can't find him interesting anymore. To me, Acheron will always be that little bitch because he rarely stands up for himself. Yes, he may have defeated some people, but it's always the "if I touch him, this this and that will happen". It's as if anybody he kills will have an awful consequence. Nick can't die, Jared can't die, Acheron can't die, Artemis can't die, Noir can't die, etc.... Can I please Acheron kill one of the major douche characters please? Other than that, he'll always be a little bitch.

Kyrian: He's annoying.

Amiee, Dev, Remi, Wren, etc.... their books came and went, they're just there now. I don't really care what happens.

I am a fan of the DH series because it's very complex. You have Gods, Demons, Daimos, Malachai, etc... but I feel as if Kenyon is just dragging on to the series (earning more money) to a point where people aren't going to give a shit. The only interesting characters left so far are Jared, Jaden, Thorn, and Savitor. Once these four have their books written, the DH series is going to have to end UNLESS she continues with completely different witht the children of these characters and everything's switched like the children of the bad guys are good instead of evil; but in that case she would have to give it another name. I wonder if that's why EVERY SINGLE FEMALE IN EVERY BOOK ALWAYS GETS PREGNANT?! That's another annoying thing too. Kenyon's characters don't know what a condom is.

But anyway...

Final thoughts on this book:

description
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Infamous.