Harry Pitt's Reviews > The Rise of Nine

The Rise of Nine by Pittacus Lore

M_50x66
Aug 21, 12

Read in August, 2012

I counted days for the release of this book but after reading it I was very disappointed. It doesn't even compare to first two books. It was fast paced. There wasn't any progression in the plot or any development aside from introduction of number eight who admittedly have good legacies but did not give the book any new flavor, also there is no character building of the previous characters. I am very peeved about why no. 4 is given so much preference in the books. He is always his moaning, whining self; always whining about Sarah. He usually doesn't care about other garde, it was the case even with his cepan. He was more concerned about Sarah in 1st book than his cepan. Also, he rushes off into situations half cocked but when no 9 tries to help some kids, he tries to be the boss and tells him this was not their problem so they should leave it be. In the end of book, he is shown to be leader of the group which is found hilarious since all he does is complain and all of sudden he is showing such mastery over his powers and leadership qualities. Usually, I like no 6's part best but in this book I don't think her character is presented that strongly. In the end, all garde are fighting and she has already been contained by Setrakus Ra. Overall, this book was a serious disappointment for me.
(P.S. Sarah should not have been introduced again. Romantic portion of the book leaves a lot to be desired)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rise of Nine.