Daisy's Reviews > Stitch

7181925
Aug 21, 2012

bookshelves: young-adult-high-school
Read from September 07 to October 07, 2012

Stitch was not at all what I expected. I have to admit that it took me a few chapters to get into it, but once got to the party at Alessa's house, I couldn’t put it down. I felt like the background information and character development, even though very important to the story, took too long and the pace was a bit too slow for me. However, at one point the story changed and it was no longer about an undergrad student occasionally seeing a ghost, but rather about the connection and relationship that was developing and surfacing between them. And that totally captured my attention.

Samantha Durante incorporated dreams and flashbacks into the story in a very skillful way. At first they seemed a bit out of place, but then, as they became more frequent, I found myself going back and rereading them as they made perfect sense and cleverly showed another piece of the characters' lives.

The author did a very good job with intertwining three completely different time periods. I really liked the part of the book where the point of view changes from chapter to chapter between that of Alessa and Isaack. I found it to be very effective way to blend together two different time periods and bring them into the third one.

(view spoiler)

Also, quite often, when I thought the story was becoming rather predictable, Durante threw in an unexpected twist and kept me wondering where she was going with this and, of course, kept me reading.

Overall, I thought Stitch was a very interesting read and will most certainly pick up the sequel when it is published.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stitch.