Ria Lize's Reviews > Blade Song

Blade Song by J.C. Daniels

2055542
Aug 23, 12

Read on August 22, 2012

First, lemme get this off my chest:

Jude in 3 words: slimeball, slimeball, slimeball...

Phew. Got that out.

While I really liked it, I didn’t love it or enjoy it as much as I'd hoped. There were some moments where I thought the heroine could’ve done better than that ((view spoiler) )considering she was trained to kill since she could.. well, carry a sword. Kick-ass, sure, she's also snarky, which I love. While I loved the banter between Damon and Kit, it kind of annoyed me that it just didn't seem to end, most of the time it went like: I hate you, I hate you too, you can't tell me what to do, yes I can, You're mine, no I'm not, We have something, no we do not.... It was like a damn cycle. Drove me crazy.

I get it that there's irritation and initial, um, dislike, but they didn't have to argue every time. It's like they have to go out of their way to piss each other off. The beauty with Kate and Curran/Mac and Barrons and the like is that although they have fights, we the readers more or less know already how much they drive each other nuts, so every time they have a fight/argument scene, it's almost as delicious and special as a sex scene. Almost. Heh.

BUT I liked the heroine's dark past, it made her a much more complex character.
I loved that there was a HEA and it was a badass HEA. No cliffies, so double yay. :D It was a satisfying one where the bad guys get grilled, hero and heroine get together. (view spoiler) It kind of makes me excited for the later books, because now there's room for twists and character developments in the later books.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blade Song.

08/22/2012
3.0% "O.O How awfully picky for someone who has no money. You don't want to work for jude, you don't want jobs from the cat faction.. and you don't want anything but simple jobs either? Damn you're never going to get a job..."
08/22/2012
29.0% "Are you kidding me? You'd think she'd have the common sense not to shove her wrist to his face.. *headdesk*"