Shannon's Reviews > Scorch

Sep 18, 2012

bookshelves: first-reads
Read from September 16 to 18, 2012

5 Stars
*This is an advanced reader’s copy*
*This is the second book in a series. If you have not read Croak you may want to skip this review.*
I am not going to give a detailed synopsis of this novel for the simple fact that it is a sequel.
Being a teenager is hard enough for Lex, but being a teenaged Grim Reaper adds more to the challenge. After Uncle Mort introduces her to Croak and all things reaper events start to play out that are beyond her control but that she must face. Along with her uncle and fellow junior Grims she must figure out how to stop the damning of innocents while on the run trying to prove her innocence.
This one is as much (maybe more) fun as Croak! There is action, adventure, humor, romance and sadness all rolled up into one big ball. These characters, even the antagonists, have so much depth and texture. I want to hang out with these Grims. I could also be happy visiting those who reside in the Afterlife. These books really do have a little something for everyone and I don’t have a single complaint except that I am ready for the next one now! I will shout recommendations from the rooftop!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scorch.

09/17/2012 page 43