Manny's Reviews > Mirage Pour Prix De Beauté

Mirage Pour Prix De Beauté by Michel Brice

Dec 09, 08

bookshelves: french, trash, too-sexy-for-maiden-aunts, brigade-mondaine, older-men-younger-women
Read in January, 1999

I think the "Brigade Mondaine" series used to be better than it is now. This one wasn't in fact bad at all. Or is it just that I appreciated the first few, but after a while got bored because the formula became predictable? I am trying to find objective criteria. The last few seem carelessly put together and just nasty... in particular, most of the female characters come across as disposable dolls to be raped and killed (if they meet a bad guy), or seduced and dumped (if they meet Boris). I didn't get that feeling with "Mirage". You're made to feel that the girl's death at the beginning is fairly tragic, and you are to some extent emotionally involved in Boris's quest to avenge her. The baddie is also treated with a little more respect, and is not quite as one-dimensional as they are in the later books. I speculate that they may have had an above-average author working for them around this period.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mirage Pour Prix De Beauté.