Multimemo's Reviews > More

More by T.M. Franklin

Oct 06, 12

Read in September, 2012

From the beginning of this book, I was kinda put off by the writing style which was written in a third person point of view and it got really perplexing sometimes. Even more was that the story had a really slow-pacing that it took until the ending of the book to actually get to the interesting, paranormal part of the story. You see, this book just seemed as the beginning of a good story/series and that wouldn't be in favor of the the series here because you'd need to read the first book and it wasn't the most entertaining book but it was still good.

I liked Abby enough to be just an average main character, nothing too cool or unique about her. And Caleb, at first I was really bored with him and the story itself but then when the hard times came around, he kind turned into a kick-ass guy and was obviously falling for Abby. It took the author a very long time to actually get the characters to move, it was when she actually got everything out that I could clearly observe that this story and this world building was more than just average but the author wasn't quite capable of putting it all together perfectly. Through out the story, this book will keep you wondering and asking about a lot of things and get you all excited at some moments but this ended up making this book, a shallow one for the most part.

Overall, this was more of an okay read. Personally, I thought of it as a set up for the sequel which I'm REALLY excited about. So if you can be patient as I was and read the whole book, that's when you're gonna see some light, you can see the beginning of a good story in this book and a good romance too but nothing more unfortunately. I won't say anything about the series until I read the sequel but I'm definitely intrigued, enough to make me eagerly await the next one :)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read More.