Marcie's Reviews > Remember Me?

Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella

Dec 09, 08

Read in December, 2008

I grabbed this from an airport bookshop prior to a poorly planned trip from Baltimore to Nebraska, and it was perfect. I've never read any of the Shopaholic series, but had friends that enjoyed them, and it's easy to understand why-- Kinsella is funny, her characters are likable and the story moves along, reads quickly and holds your attention, even while being jostled and smushed on some cheap- er, bargain- Southwest flight. I don't know which came first, but this book has the same plot as the TV show "Samantha Who?" i.e. girl wakes up with amnesia only to find out that she's been acting badly for the last few years, albeit successfully, rising to the top of her career and whatnot, but she now gets the chance to make big decisions about who she wants to be, and of course, who she's in love with. Ok, so it's not timeless or classic enough for 5 stars, and there were no earth-shattering surprises- I didn't bring it back with me from Nebraska to Baltimore... but it's definitely top of its genre (chick lit/romantic comedy), and it's a good read, a sweet and enjoyable story. I totally recommend it next time you're on vacation or otherwise need something distracting, light and fun to read.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Remember Me?.