Katie Mettner's Reviews > When We Collide

When We Collide by A.L. Jackson

Oct 24, 12

Read on October 24, 2012

A.L. Jackson is back and better than ever with When We Collide! I opened the book expecting tragic beginnings and once again Ms. Jackson did not disappoint. I was immediately sucked into the nightmare that was William Marsch’s life. As a successful accountant in LA he looks to have it all, a beautiful woman, good job and nice home, but inside that home William is going through hell. When his brother Blake calls to give him bad news William is drawn back to Mississippi, a place he swore he would never return after that night six years ago. The dark night Maggie Krieger hid a secret breaking his heart and putting him on a collision course with her now husband Troy.

When William returns home he finds his bedroom hasn’t change, but everything else in his boyhood home has. His brother has children he’s never met and in that moment William realizes just how unhappy he has been living a lie. One look into the eyes of Maggie’s little boy and William is determined to stay in Mississippi and save Maggie and her son from their abuser.

With the story written from William’s and Maggie’s point of view, both past and present, you walk with each character through the events that led up to William’s hot tempered departure and Maggie’s sad present day life because of those decisions. As Maggie and William draw you into their story you quickly realize there is only one way for this to end and hold your breath knowing each turn of the page brings you closer to that collision.

A.L. takes the reader on a respectful and touching journey through domestic abuse and the rippling affects abuse has on each generation. Stepping outside her comfort zone with When We Collide she brings the reader an edgy, passionate story that indeed has more than one collision before the fairy tale ending. This is a must read for anyone who loves contemporary romance!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When We Collide.

10/24/2012 page 175