A. E. Welch's Reviews > Witch Way to Turn

Witch Way to Turn by Karen Y. Bynum

Aug 22, 12

Recommended for: Anyone who loves YA paranormal romance with great snarky humor
Read from August 20 to 22, 2012 — I own a copy

I'm a MG writer, first and foremost, so anytime I read YA it really has to hold my attention. This one did just that. I hear a lot of talk about paranormal romance stories being overdone or out of style but as long as you take a fresh approach to any subject, then it's going to be great and this book definitely is. I LOVE supernatural elements, I incorporate them into my MG work, so that was a bonus for me right off the bat. I instantly cared about the protagonist and her issues with her sister. Plus, I'm also from the South (small town in Georgia) and there are so many elements that speak to my childhood and teenage years that it was comforting and realistic to me in a way other readers may not have a connection with. I love the voice and humor of the main character. She's real and honest and raw but also pretty darn funny and I love funny too. The author has a great way with a line, my favorite being, "Silence. Not golden." That line just said so much to me and I loved it. I would definitely recommend this book to all my friends who enjoy YA or a new spin on paranormal romance, or heck, just a great read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Witch Way to Turn.