Richard's Reviews > Hunt for the Skinwalker: Science Confronts the Unexplained at a Remote Ranch in Utah

Hunt for the Skinwalker by Colm A. Kelleher

M 50x66
Mar 08, 09

bookshelves: lost
Read in October, 2008, read count: 1

I was lead to this book by Coast to Coast AM radio host Art Bell. He had author Colm A. Kelleher on his program many times who would often cite his experiences at the "Skinwalker Ranch."

The study of the paranormal is very controversial and unfortunately people often mix their own mindsets into the interpretation of unexplained events. On a scientific level it has been consistently difficult to get any sort of repeatable data from the paranormal.

Kelleher is placed with a scientific team in an area of high paranormal activity, which immediately becomes elusive to any of their recording equipment. They are able to extensively test some sites after the fact, and confirm what factors are not present.

So while the team is denied of an revealing data, Kelleher uses the opportunity to go through a series of proposals as to why the phenomenon seems to be intelligently dodging the team. Even though that latter half of the book is slim on juicy events, he successfully leads us toward the mindset that would be more productive in the interpretation of the paranormal. That mindset involves accepting that these things that go bump in the night are purposely elusive to humans and most certainly are more intelligent.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hunt for the Skinwalker.

message 1: by Kaye (new)

Kaye You should write a review and tell us how creepy it is. PS: I think I actually ordered this book for the library!