Angie's Reviews > Persepolis: The Story of a Childhood

Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi

Dec 08, 08

bookshelves: comics, female-protaganists-subjects, non-fiction, biographies-memoirs-letters, series, history, i-like-the-book-and-the-movie, angie-s-big-read, library-books
Recommended to Angie by: Found it in the library
Recommended for: The Entire World
Read in December, 2008, read count: 1

You must read this book. I mean it! Go to the library right now and get it. I got it from the Sparks branch, so they'll have it back there in a few days if you can't find it elsewhere.

This graphic novel is tells the story of Iran during the Islamic revolution from the point of view of the author, who was a young girl, living through it. It is incredible interesting & powerful, presenting a more three-dimensional view of iran than we westerners generally have. I cried in public while reading this. While your at the library picking this up, get it's sequel as well, Persepolis 2, so you can know the rest of the story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Persepolis.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nikki (new)

Nikki i have this on my netflix list to watch - have you seen the movie?

message 2: by Angie (last edited Dec 09, 2008 05:06PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Angie I didn't know there was a movie. I totally recommend the books.

message 3: by Nikki (new)

Nikki I will have to find the book, it is a movie check it out on netflix :)

message 4: by Angie (last edited Dec 10, 2008 12:12AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Angie I saw a preview for the movie tonight, it looks good. They sing "Eye of the Tiger" in the preview it made me laugh. The preview gave away pretty much the whole story though, so I'm glad I read it before seeing the preview.