Andrew Petalik's Reviews > Mistborn Trilogy Boxed Set

Mistborn Trilogy Boxed Set by Brandon Sanderson

Aug 20, 12

Read in June, 2012

This was a very involuted series. There is saying that shows up, most especially in the first book: There is always another secret.

That is absolutely true about this series. As you navigate the story, the secrets, both true and false, keep you guessing, thinking and wondering.

I remember finishing the first book and wondering what had just happened... the main character Vin did something I felt was out of character. Although it nagged at me, I kept going. As it turns out, it wasn't a mistake but an important plot point that comes clear. Threads like this tie all three books together. At the end, the "WOW" feeling, as you realize what just happened is a rush.

Although the story focuses mostly on Vin, it does give a lot of time to the supporting cast, making them into believable people. The psychology of humanity is very well done.

And if you like fighting, this book is for you. Brandon Sanderson has a gift for describing scenes and how everyone moves within that scene. I didn't even have to close my eyes to see what's going on.

A thoroughly enjoyable series.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mistborn Trilogy Boxed Set.