Kari's Reviews > Taste

Sep 05, 12

bookshelves: arr-r2r, debut-2012-authors
Read from September 03 to 05, 2012

**4 Stars**
I received this book from the author, through a read-to-recap program on Goodreads.com, for an honest review.

MY OVERVIEW: Zombies!!!!! Well, kind-of. I really enjoyed this twist on zombies. At first I was nervous that this would be another Twilight where the author takes a monster and spits in the face of what that monster is supposed to be like…. BUT this author did not do that. There was a lot of “history” and back up as to why the zombies were different than normal. I really enjoyed that.

PROS: Ok, I do have to say that while Phoenix did get on my nerves a lot, mainly because she had no regard for her own life, she does grow on you. I the personal journey she took throughout the book. Especially how her intentions may have been selfish at the beginning of her journey – they truly turned into selfless by trying to help the Zhamvy people (and some selfish in there when it came to Demitri). Oh, and I love, love, loved Yana! She was fantastic. I just wish there was more of her in the book.

CONS: While Phoenix is one of my Pros, she is also my biggest con. She is very much a spoiled entitled brat who has no regard for anyone but herself at the beginning of the book. Actually, she doesn’t even care about herself. I also didn’t like Preya, or Phoenix’s friendship with her.

MY FINAL THOUGHTS: Wait… what? That is the ending? What about the Zhamvy people? Are they all ok, or going to be? Is Yana ok – what is she doing? The author does leave some things unanswered, but then, I almost prefer it that way. It lets you fill in the small blanks how you want. Overall – good read. One I would recommend.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taste.

Quotes Kari Liked

Kate Evangelista
“Ereaders were a great convenience, but nothing could beat the smell of a library and old books.”
Kate Evangelista, Taste