Michele's Reviews > A Quiet Storm

A Quiet Storm by Rachel Howzell Hall

Dec 08, 2008

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Quiet Storm.

Rachel Hall Hi, Michele! Thanks for rating A Quiet Storm on Goodreads. I don't know if you're in a book group, but I've participated in several book-group discussions of AQS, and I'd love to chat with your book group. Let me know if you'd be interested. Happy New Year! Rachel Howzell Hall

Michele Rachel wrote: "Hi, Michele! Thanks for rating A Quiet Storm on Goodreads. I don't know if you're in a book group, but I've participated in several book-group discussions of AQS, and I'd love to chat with your boo..."
Wow! I am honored that you stopped by. I am not much of a writer myself so I rarely post my written reviews. I so loved your book and the complexity of the characters. I wanted to be best friends with Stacy. Having worked in the mental health field, I appreciated that you did not simply resort to stereotypes and looked at mental illness from the perspective of all who are touched by it. Thank you for your beautiful novel!
Yes, I am in a book club though it is struggling at the moment as we all have small children!
Happy New Year to you!
Michele Welker

Rachel Hall Michele wrote: "Rachel wrote: "Hi, Michele! Thanks for rating A Quiet Storm on Goodreads. I don't know if you're in a book group, but I've participated in several book-group discussions of AQS, and I'd love to cha..."

I understand the small children issue - I have a 4 year old, and it's hard to have a life outside of hers. I'm so glad you enjoyed the book - I appreciate your support.

Have a great weekend!