Elke's Reviews > The Rogue Hunter

The Rogue Hunter by Lynsay Sands

May 11, 09

bookshelves: series, romance, vampires, sequel, sold, animal, abandoned
Read in May, 2009

It seems the end of the Argenau series is near, as proven by this second (after part 8) very disappointing book in the vampire cosmos created by Lynsay Sands. The story presented in the Rogue Hunter lacks originality; it is completely predictable and therefore boring most of the time.

The idea of creating a kind of spin-off from the Argeneau stories, which is about rogue hunters, sounds interesting at first. However, the rogue hunter business is just a small side story of the book, which otherwise concentrates on the usual vampire finding his life mate storyline.

Sadly, the rogue hunter angle chosen here makes the whole story even more boring. Reading all the Argeneau novels I became very familiar with the different family members and their individual temper an even found my favourite characters. I always enjoyed coming back to the Argeneaus and learning more about the family with each new book. But now this familiarity is missing completely, and what remains is a bland copy of a formerly entertaining vampire series.

Usually I would have rated the book only two stars, but as a fan of the former Argeneau series I am not yet willing to completely condemn this failure.

But I get the impression Ms Sands has run out of ideas, so maybe it would be better to put the previously entertaining series to rest before ruining it with more disappointing sequels.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rogue Hunter.