Rosebud's Reviews > Mating Season

Mating Season by Allie Ritch

Aug 19, 12

bookshelves: futuristic, kindle-lendable, m-f, shapeshifters, erotica-content
Read in August, 2012

Koll makes his yearly journey on the cold planet of Jensen to find a single female who might accept him enough to want to live the manditory period of cohabitation with the goal of getting married. Finding Shila, a stranger, unconscious and obviously running from someone or something he brings her home with him. She's beautiful, strong, confident, and above all willing to consider him as a mate. He has the winter season to show her why he is worthy of being her mate. But Shila has a secret and the threat she was running from is still out there which may cause her to leave him and run again again.

Wow. I absolutely loved this book in terms of story line and character development not to mention the hot erotica scenes. This book had me hooked when Shila wanted to 'inspect' Koll before she agreed to anything and after their first round of sex told him: you are very good. Again? These two challenged each other alpha to alpha mode making the other prove they were equals in and out of the bedroom. Combine this with a unique story line with a few surprises and I call this a winner.

I also have to mention that the erotica scenes were fantastically written. They were carnal and animalistic at times. Kinky at times, Koll and Shila's antics were hot enough to melt snow.

There were some parts of the story that bothered me but revealing that in this review would be spoilers and I don't do spoilers even with the spoiler hide feature. But after reading this book I know I'll be looking for other books by this author because she has a really different writing style with characters that are different and enpowering.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mating Season.