AH's Reviews > Skulduggery Pleasant

Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy

Aug 21, 12

bookshelves: free-downloads, zzread-august-2012, young-adult, audio-book
Read in August, 2012

Skulduggery Pleasant started off as an amusing audio book. It was quite funny at first and we were giggling as we listened. The reading of the will scene was very entertaining and had that British comedy feel to it. I think that the first half was much more entertaining than the second half and the middle did lag a bit.

Skulduggery Pleasant is a skeleton and a detective. He kind of reminded me of a Tim Burton "Nightmare Before Christmas" character. Well, that's how I pictured him. I loved Stephanie - she was smart, precocious, and a real likable heroine.

This audio book had one of the longest villain monologues ever. Overall, Skulduggery Pleasant had some good entertainment value. I would recommend this for kids 10 years old and older.

This book was downloaded for free as part of http://audiobooksync.com Summer 2012 promotion.

See what other audio books made our Road Trip playlist and what we thought of them on Badass Book Reviews.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Skulduggery Pleasant.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Laura the Highland Hussy what age would you say this one is for? My kiddo is 8.

message 2: by AH (new) - rated it 3 stars

AH My kids were 12 and 15 when they listened. I think my husband and I enjoyed it more, but it is geared to younger readers. My boys really loved Guys Read: Funny Business as an audio book. The stories were geared to boys with just the right amount of gross. We're still laughing about some of the stories, especially the demented evil grandfather and his hot dog spaghetti.

Laura the Highland Hussy I have this ebook so I might see if she's interested-it sounds good.
I'll check out Guys Read next because she definitely prefers humor in her books. She's just hard to predict. Last week it was only fairy books, last night she grabbed Twilight!! She's only in second grade! Ugh. This kid will be the death of me.

message 4: by AH (new) - rated it 3 stars

AH Lucky you. I love it when kids want to read. Maybe the Gregor series (Suzanne Collins) though it is more for boys. My kids loved Magic Treehouse books at that age.

Laura the Highland Hussy She does like the Magic Treehouse books. I'll have to pick up some more if them.