Lynn 's Reviews > The Heart Broke In

The Heart Broke In by James Meek

Aug 31, 2012

bookshelves: general-fiction
Read in August, 2012

Growing up we are all ingrained with our parents and societies morals. It is our own choice whether we follow those instincts as we grow into adults and inevitably, some of us choose not to. How far you go outside of societies boundaries will depend on how much you can deal with on your conscience and, of course, if you get caught or not.
Ritchie is a ex musician with a fair amount of fame in his past and his wife who is still in the limelight. Bec is Ritchie's scientist sister, who has made inroads into curing Malaria and Alex is Ritchie's best friend who is also a scientist who has unearthed the basis for extending life.
When Bec realises she's not ready for the commitment to her new fiancee she calls it off not realising the consequences for her family and future relationships. The Moral Foundation get in touch with Ritchie hinting at the indiscretions of his recent past. He is given an ultimatum and soon realises that his own immoral decisions could have a devastatiing effect on everyone he loves.
This is a tale of love, trust and everything that can get wrapped up in our secret lives. Very readable fiction!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Heart Broke In.

08/25/2012 page 64