Slayermel's Reviews > Lover Avenged

Lover Avenged by J.R. Ward

Dec 29, 09

bookshelves: 21st-century, american, fantasy, favorites, female-authors, fiction, own, paranormal, romance, series, vampires, warriors, 2009
Recommended for: any fan of the Black Dagger Brotherhood
Read in December, 2009, read count: 1

I absolutely loved this book, even though it didn’t end up being all about Rehvenge. I think that’s what I like most about J.R. Ward’s writing, how she switches back and forth between many of the characters and fills you in bit by bit. She makes you feel like you’re part of that world as it continues to go on around you giving you glimpses into everyone’s lives. It’s almost like watching a hot, racy Vampire Soap Opera in your mind. :0)

Seriously, forget making movies, they should turn this into a TV show *laughing* There would be a cliff hanger every week guaranteed.

In this story you finally get to find out what’s going on between Rehvenge and the Princess Symphath who black mails him and all I can say is “WOW, that’s messed up”! We finally get to find out more about the Symphath colony and how it’s all laid out which I found quite interesting. I loved finding out more about Rev on a deeper level and the relationships he has with both Xhex and his two shadow body guards. Also like all the boys in the books, in walks the love interest who is a stunning nurse from the clinic where Havers works. Ehlena is a kind soul, who has a lot of personal problems of her own, and Rehv only wants to do right by her, but he’s scared his Symphath side will get out and she will turn from him in disgust.

Enter the sub plot with Wrath and Beth. The King is getting restless being stuck behind a desk pushing paper and he’s been having some horrible headaches which he is sure are stress related. When Beth finds out that Wrath has been sneaking out to fight and not telling her, huge problems arise in their relationship. Then there’s also a huge blow for them to deal with.

There are also some sub plots involving Payne, Thor, John and Lash.

My only complaint the book leaves you on a cliff hanger and the next one does not come out until April 2010. :0(

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Avenged.

12/20/2009 page 68