Amy_Read to My Heart's Content's Reviews > Hacienda Moon

Hacienda Moon by KaSonndra Leigh

Aug 22, 12

bookshelves: blog
Read in August, 2012

Review coming very soon! Let me just say I am in love with this novel!

See my review at:http://readtomyhearts.blogspot.com/20...

Most importantly, I need to scream at the top of my lungs, " Wow!!! I fell completely in love with this book from the very first page!!"
The very first page already had me on the same emotional coaster that our heroine was on, the writing is so good that I literally had to put my Kindle down to grab a tissue and get my tears under control. I kept repeating to myself over and over, "Why??!!?" But the book had me hooked like a fish in the pond.

I loved the fact it was set in the south, especially a creepy quiet town that has its fair share of ghost stories that even adults still fear. And yes there are some very interesting small towns out there in rural America that will have you afraid of the dark from the histories.
It is strange for me; I am scared to hear the stories but I can't help but listen, kinda like when you cover your eyes but peek through your fingers at a gory movie. That's me basically!
But Hacienda Moon was a haunting take on love that travels through the generations and curses that still affect people today. It was eerie, romantic, scary, funny, and really breathtaking. I was floored by this novel.
The plot was well planned out and every detail of the story plays an important part in our character, Tandie's life. I can't stand when a story will go off on a tangent and it have no basis on the actual story. Hacienda Moon doesn't do this at all. Every encounter, even if it seemed small, ties in so expertly that it leaves you saying to yourself wow I never thought about it like that.
Tandie is definitely an interesting character. She is a medium who worked with the police for many years until something terrible happens and she loses her "sight". She tries to put her life back together by moving away to an old house with its own troubled past.
Besides Tandie, we have a lot of supporting characters that are so mysterious I had a hard time figuring out who to trust and who to keep my eyes on.
And of course Saul Chelby was one of my guilty favorites. That is all I am going to say about the lovely Saul. (I loved the names in the stories, they are so awesome!)
Annnnd Enter Eric. What a southern gentlemen!! Scratch that: a sexy southern gentlemen who has his own secret past that makes everything a little more touchy and hot.
As I read through the novel, I felt more and more like Chelby Rose Manor was more of a character than the setting. It is so full of life and mystery. The illustration on the front cover is a beautiful recreation of the house our author, KaSonndra Leigh, crafts in the pages of her novel.
Hacienda Moon is one of those wonderfully written books that can't be contained in just one genre, but instead delves into many like mystery, a paranormal thriller, romance, and a little bit of some historical fiction in it for good measure.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hacienda Moon.