Katie Adee's Reviews > Insurgent

Insurgent by Veronica Roth

Aug 22, 12

bookshelves: grueling-to-read, dystopia, sci-fi, young-adult, abandoned
Read from August 19 to 20, 2012

Tris actually hurt my head. Really. Honestly. She forgot she had a story to tell and became horribly whiny and insecure, all traces of Dauntless lost. All because she shot a friend and lost her parents. I understand pain is consuming, but her world is at stake. Shouldn't she focus on that, not the fact that she doesn't know if she can trust Four, the one she supposedly loves? I got 25% done with the ebook, and thank GOD! it was a library copy. Tris lost everything that made her interesting, and not even the dystopic world could capture my attention. Why? Because nothing of merit happened.

Sorry, Veronica Roth, if you see this. I did enjoy the first book and I wanted, really wanted, to enjoy this one.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Insurgent.

08/19/2012
9.0% "Not quite the adrenaline rush opening as it's predecessor. Sounds like things are getting set up for some revelations."
08/20/2012
10.0% "Okay, Tris...here's the deal. You're boring right now. Boo-hoo. Will's dead. Boo-hoo. You're parents are dead. Boo-hoo. You're stuck at the Amity headquarters. So far, the most interesting thing is Four mentioning wanting to be able to escape and keeping up on the city's gate codes. That's it. Please, get to the plot or I'm going to be mad. I need this "I" for a challenge. Don't disappoint me. Got it?"
08/21/2012
25.0% "Tris, Tris, Tris. What does Four see in you? You're barely Dauntless anymore. You're certainly not Abegnation, either. You should've started your tale getting on the train. You should've spend more time in the underground factionless. I would stop reading about your "adventure"--which is more of a middle-school drama at this point than anything else--now, except the truth serum ought to be interesting."