Serena Yates's Reviews > Dear Sir

Dear Sir by Kim Dare

Sep 13, 12

bookshelves: m-m
Read in September, 2012 — I own a copy

This volume was the exact counterpoint to the last book: here Scott puts it all on the line, opens up totally to Joe, and makes himself vulnerable. And really, what else could he have done after Joe has finally admitted that he loves him? And now that both of them have been honest with each other you'd expect everything to be just fine – right? Wrong! Kim Dare is leaving us in suspense for one more book, and I love and hate her for that in just about equal measure.

Now that Joe has been totally honest and let Scott know what he wants, he has asked Scott to tell him the same – then stepped back to give Scott time to consider everything before sending the letter. The waiting almost kills Joe, and I loved the descriptions of the tension coiled inside him as he tries to be patient. He is useless without Scott and misses him terribly, and if there is such a thing as Dom hell, this is it for Joe. When he finally receives Scott's letter he can’t even read it since he is too impatient. I laughed out loud when he just jumped to the final sentence, drew his conclusions then raced to see Scott. Right then and there he had to get physical with him. Needless to say, the encounter is explosively hot!

Scott may have somehow found the courage to write the letter to Joe, he may have been totally honest about what he wants, but he is still unable to believe Joe really wants to keep him – forever. Even though he is about a hundred times more courageous than he was at the beginning of the series, the demons in his heart are far more difficult to fight than he expected. Even after all this time and everything they've been through together, a teeny-tiny particle of doubt is left in Scott's brain; the man still believes it is all too good to be true and he will manage to ruin it somehow. I can only hope Joe figures out a way to finally lay all the doubts to rest. He only has one more letter to do it!

If you like D/s stories where both the Dom and the sub make themselves vulnerable to each other, if you enjoy reading about two lovers who are beginning to take steps to become true partners, no matter the apparent dynamics in the bedroom, and if you’re a fan of Scott and Joe, you will probably like this story as much as I do. I look forward to the final installment – even though I dread coming to the end of such a fantastic series.

NOTE: This book was provided by Amber Allure for the purpose of a review on Rainbow Book Reviews.
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dear Sir.

message 1: by Thamesgirl (new)

Thamesgirl I've enjoyed this series immensely. I'm going to miss these two as it approaches the end I believe in the next story. It's been a fun ride.

Serena Yates Thamesgirl wrote: "I've enjoyed this series immensely. I'm going to miss these two as it approaches the end I believe in the next story. It's been a fun ride."

I agree, a very fun ride. And the next book is the last...