Pat's Reviews > The Memory Thief

The Memory Thief by Emily Colin

Aug 29, 2012

Read from August 24 to 29, 2012

This first novel of Emily Colin caught my attention when I read a review in the Star-News of Wilmington, North Carolina. She is a local author, and based part of the book here.

While I was reading this story, I jotted down words that ran through my head when I would take a break from reading. They were: intriguing, addicting and heartbreaking. This novel stretches your imagination to impossible limits. You can feel the bite of the ice and snow, and exhilaration of being at the peak of an impossible climb. Then there is the despair of a man who made a promise to the ones he loves, that he knows he can’t keep.

This story is told from the perspective of three people, Madeline, Aidan, and Nicholas. We learn in the first chapter that Aidan is killed in an avalanche, what more is there to say? There is so much more.

It is impossible for me to go into details of this work, without giving spoilers. I can only tell you it is a journey of friendship, enlightenment, and undying love. It made me laugh, and made me cry, and sigh with contentment when I was finished. I would recommend this novel to people who like to read love stories, with a leap of faith.

2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Memory Thief.

08/26/2012 page 65
08/28/2012 page 100
23.0% "Intriguing!!!"
08/28/2012 page 200
46.0% "Heartbreaking, addicting!"
08/29/2012 page 303
70.0% "Heartbreaking..."

Anne OK Nicely written review, Pat. I'm about to embark on this journey. Somehow it has escaped me for a long time. I am intrigued.